Server globals

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Fri Aug 12 09:18:26 EDT 2022

Hi Matthias,

It is user specific, but I just tried the saving to a text file
on the server -- very fast. Got the user IP from $_Server, and
used that in the filename for easy later retrieval. How much data
can a cookie hold? Guess I'll test that.

One of the reasons I'm fussing with this is I'm trying to come up
with some kind of pagination system. I'm probably trying to
re-invent the wheel -- badly.

It's a simple membership list, with a few hundred records. Only
want to show 30 on the page at a time. I wonder if anyone has a
LC sample for doing that. I tried Ralph Bitter's Revigniter but
just can't wrap my head around it.

Using MySQL for testing, so could try to figure out using the
CURSOR feature. But know nothing about avoiding injection
attacks, so may fall back to using  a .csv for the datafile. I've
done that for all my other projects....

Anyway, thanks for the info; no global variables, but file saves
look like they'll work!

Tim