Images and arrays...

Phil Davis phil at pdslabs.net
Thu Aug 11 21:35:18 EDT 2022

Hi Paul, sorry I'm so late to the party.

I think the best you can do is to capture & then reuse all the
properties of the target image.

I created a stack and imported an image. Then I ran this button script
to make an exact replica of image 1. It worked:

    on mouseUp
         put the properties of img 1 into tPropsA -- could be saved for
    later use
         lock screen
         create image
         set the properties of img 2 to tPropsA
         set the left of img 2 to the right of img 1 + 30
         unlock screen
    end mouseUp

Hope this helps -
Phil Davis

On 7/5/22 2:20 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
> I am drawing a blank:
>
> If I have the following code:
>
>                   export snapshot from rect tRect of player
> "mediaConvert" of stack "libHrAPI" to tImage as PNG
>                   put tImage into pRefArray[tRef]
>
> The actual image (not a reference, such as a long ID) is placed in the
> tRefArray[tRef] array element
>
> However, if I have a variable tImageID that contains a reference to an
> image such as
>
> image id 10328 of card id 10001 of stack "X"
>
> How do I get that actual Image stored in the array?
>
> put tImageID into pRefArray[tRef] -- results in the array element
> storing the long ID
>
> put (tImageID) into pRefArray[tRef] -- also results in the array
> element storing the long ID. I thought the () might for the long ID to
> be evaluated to an actual image

Phil Davis
(503) 307-4363