Reading LC List Digests

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Nov 19 20:02:42 EST 2021

Bob:

 > Does anybody know a a great interface for digests from the LC lists ?

Yep, here's the best one:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2021-November/date.html>

 > To some extent digests works OK as at the top of the digest
 > you get the “Today’s Topics” summary and each message/post numbered.

Yep, the digest email is the TV Guide. The list archive is the TV.

 > I also get to see who has posted what, which I suspect like you,
 > I use as a filter.

Not really; accuracy depends on what is posted, not who.

 > Frankly, the scrolling is a pain especially as posts
 > are not grouped by topic, they are chronologically grouped,

Archive is easy to scroll, full screen, can be sorted several ways.

 > plus people often repeat the whole thread in their reply
 > which makes scrolling arduous.

Yeah! That bugs me too, no matter where I read.
But variety is the spice of life!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
Christian LiveCode Training and Consulting
http://livecodeconsulting.com/