opened socket in IDE prevents script changes

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:30:36 EST 2021

I'm seeing exactly the same range of behaviours I described earlier for
9.5.1 on Win 10 but with 9.6.1 on OS X.

It's very strange that Alex is also editing scripts with sockets
opened/closed but  not losing changes made in the script editor. I also had
3 crashes on OS X within 30 minutes of working on this stack.

Alex, are you using the IDE's script editor or some external editor?  If
you are using that script editor, once you've opened a socket could you add
a comment to your stack script, apply, close the script editor, then edit
the script again to see if the comment has persisted?  I have to quit LC to
make any changes to a stack once I've opened a socket.

It seems to me that once a socket has been opened that the IDE is no longer
persisting changes.  I'm pretty sure I didn't see this behaviour on my
previous project using sockets.

Regards
Bernard