Open socket on start up and can't close

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 17 17:55:49 EST 2021

On 12/17/21 12:51 PM, RobEppich via use-livecode wrote:
> First question is how to turn off remote debugging as might would compete with the port that I use for epsiTalk inBusiness and if the remote debugging is still opening a socket in a standalone. Also, isn’t this open socket for rermote debugging a security risk?

Remote debugging, by default, is only available if you have cabled your device to the computer
and used the Test button to install an app. It is not included in standalones unless you
specifically select it in the Inclusions pane in Standalone Settings.

I don't think it's much of a security risk because unless you include it manually, no one but
you and your computer has access to it. I have to say, I don't know how I ever got along
without it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com