SSL cPanel mySql setup

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 04:34:57 EDT 2020

Hi

I’ve found myself out of my depth and in need of advice.
We have a cPanel webspace with mySQL running on a phpMyAdmin layer within the cPanel setup. Communicating with it from LC has been a breeze. However, doing a traffic scan we noticed that our queries and responses from the database are completely visible. Obviously a high security risk.

Using an ssl certificate set, how do I implement this? How do I get cPanel to allow for it and get LC to make use of them when using revOpenDatabase? I have the useSSL flag set to Boolean ‘true’. I’ve tried using the set certificates pointing it at the three ssl files. But the data still is fully readable as plaintext in both direction when checked by our traffic scanner.

Thanks

Sean