The iOS "Files" folder

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 15:50:26 EDT 2020

Believe it or not, there is a class of apps that doesn’t need to use the internet. I’m thinking for example of apps meant to be used on a device such as a phone while it’s in motion or on a journey. Internet access isn’t guaranteed in many parts of the world. Although smart phones do have to make contact with the internet for many tasks, that imperative shouldn’t force one to include internet access in an app that has no other need for it. It’s that notion that made me want to break out of the sandbox locally, to allow local apps access to local data.

Just my two overpriced eurocents.

Graham
[sorry if I sent this twice, but the first try seems to have got lost]