LC & Catalina; macOS 10.15.x; Xcode 11.3.x; iOS 13.3.x support ???

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Mar 12 19:43:54 EDT 2020

Not just dropped APIs.
It starts already with Apple deciding if the functionality of an iOS App is worth to be approved for the Appstore or not.
I had created 3 apps for a customer which were not accepted by Apple by the "lack" of functionality. At least that was the reason they told us, although we could proof that there were other similar apps in the store with less functionality. Some of them were even approved later than our apps were submitted.
The good thing was that i get paid anyway because the complete design and functionality was described by the customer in specification sheets. So i was not responsible for the rejection of the apps.

It´s always a risk to develop iOS apps. You´ll never know if they get accepted or not.
An other risk is that every new iOS release might break your existing app in the iOS app store.

> Perhaps a good approach is to include in any contract for software products or development the disclaimer that if the customer requests support for a 3rd party API, that functionality and support for that API is restricted to the terms of the 3rd party. Not sure how to word that legally.

That´s a good idea. So the developer is not responsible if there are changes to the 3rd party API  and thereby the functionality of the program is disturbed or impaired.