OAuth2 was Re: google sheets - anybody doing anything besides mergGoogle

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 12 13:24:22 EDT 2020

Sean Cole wrote:
 > On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 00:17, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <
 >
 >> I had thought the problem at that time was that your app was using
 >> Google's older auth method, before they switched to OAth2.
 >
 > Correct. But not the oAuth Lib directly anyway. What bothered me was
 > oAuth had been added but not to the Google extension. Which was odd

See my other post on this from earlier today:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2020-March/258798.html

Hopefully Monte can chime in with details on that.

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/script-libraries/oauth2/oauth2.livecodescript

 >> So now I'm confused: is OAuth2 not working in LC 9.x?
 >
 > I don't rely on any third party stuff anymore as it's out of my
 > control and have to wait an age before someone perhaps, maybe, some
 > year, updates it.

Thank you for the clarification.  Since we haven't seen posts about LC's
Oauth2 here and searches for both "oauth" and "oauth2" turn up no bug
reports in the bug DB, it seems reasonable to assume it's working well.

I tend to keep third-party stuff to a minimum in deployments myself,
esp. where source is not available. But the OAuth2 library is a part of
the LC product, available in all editions and included in the Github
repo for everyone to review.

 >> I'm also confused about "near silence" - Mark Waddingham has posted
 >> here three times this month, and it's only the 10th.  He's even
 >> posted in the forums more frequently lately than I'm used to seeing.
 >
 > Do you mean wIth reference to progress, roadmap, where the updates are
 > and how far along...? Or just in response to other specific questions
 > and ramblings about an existing feature or somewhat?

I was replying to your comment.  What did you have in mind?

 >> As for the breakpoints crasher, I'd thought that was addressed in
 >> v9.1, no?
 >
 > Afraid not. 9.5.1 and 9.6 dp2 are still exhibiting breakpoint crashes.
 > Not as often as before but, still, there are occurrences.

Thank you for confirming the breakpoint fixes in place now.

If you have a recipe or a bug ID number for the remaining issue I'd be
happy to see what I can do to try to steward it through completion.

With many who had noted the earlier issues no longer seeing breakpoint
crashes, the specific intersection of factors leading to any remaining
ones may be difficult to pin down.  But like all crashers I've seen
before, once we have a solid recipe the fix is usually quickly delivered.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems