text to speech android

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jul 22 10:55:20 EDT 2020

Monte,

i noticed here on my German Mac OS, that i definitely need to use the names that are used in the identifiers.
e.g. com.apple.speech.synthesis.voice.joana.

Using the value of the ["name"] element does not work, as the names are all uppercase, while the names in the identifiers are lowercase, except the following ones
Ralph

Kathy

Organ

Boing

BadNews

Princess

Zarvox

Trinoids

Vicki

Bells

Deranged

Fred

Bubbles

GoodNews

Victoria

Bahh

Hysterical

Bruce

Alex

Whisper

Albert

Cellos

Agnes

Junior

And another thing: I noticed that i have here 4 German voices that have the "suffix" premium in the identifier
com.apple.speech.synthesis.voice.petra.premium

com.apple.speech.synthesis.voice.anna.premium

com.apple.speech.synthesis.voice.yannick.premium

com.apple.speech.synthesis.voice.markus.premium

If i remember right, they were downloaded (each about 1Gig) when i selected them in System Control/UniversalAccess.

What i do not understand is for what  i can use the ["name"] value?  Are those  needed for Android or iOS?

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code