Styled text on mobile

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sat Jul 18 13:40:42 EDT 2020

Scriptable rich text in a native mobile text field?   I second that!

-Dan

On 7/18/20, 9:01 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Richard Gaskin via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    J. Landman Gay wrote:

     > It's possible. For a LiveCode field, note that the font has to have
     > a font variant for each style. Some time ago LC stopped supporting
     > artificially altered font styles. The native system font on each
     > mobile OS supports all styles.
     >
     > Or do you mean something else?

    I probably should have specified: I was hoping there might be at least
    something in the works to bring the scripted mobile-native editable
    field up to par with other apps that allow styles to be applied to text
    the user writes.

    I would expect to build the UI to set style attributes as we do on the
    desktop, if it were possible.

    --
      Richard Gaskin
      Fourth World Systems