fixed textheight affects scrolling?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jul 10 15:47:16 EDT 2020

Hi Curry,

> Am 10.07.2020 um 21:30 schrieb Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Klaus:
>
>> set the scroll of fld "fonts" to tLine*tTH + the height of fld "fonts"
>> set the hilitedlines of fld "fonts" to tLine
>
> The test is invalid; the 2nd quoted line overrides the 1st.

oh, I really had no idea that setting the hilitedline will also scroll that line into view!? 8-)
That makes my custom scrolling stuff completely obsolete.

> Therefore you don't see the results of your scrolling code.
> To debug your scroll calc, first comment out the set hilitedlines.
> Easy testing: use an ask, input either line # or font name.
> (To test hilite, either forget about scroll calc, or do it AFTER.)
> Watch out about adding versus subtracting field height.

> Why add?

See above, no scolling neccessary anymore!

> No more mysteries. Or at least fewer. :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Curry Kenworthy

Best

Klaus

P.S.
I know you may still find me impertinent by asking this after more than seven years,
but any news about "FieldTrip"? This is not funny anymore.

I turned 64 last month and I would really like to get something for my money before I die!

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de
klaus at major-k.de