What's Going On In The IDE

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Jul 10 16:02:43 EDT 2020

On 7/6/20 9:22 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 7/3/20 10:13 AM, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
>

> This card renders sub second but is unresponsive for an additional 14
> seconds. What's going on here? The IDE stacks totals out to 13 seconds.

Not quite the same symptoms but similar: I just experienced a hang in
the SE. Narrowed it down to a repeat loop in the behavior script. I'll
submit a PR for this, but in the meantime, at line 2060 in handler
autoCompleteIFsAreBalanced

    repeat
       put offset(tBeginAsterix, pScript) into tCharBegin
       if tCharBegin is 0 then exit repeat
       put offset(tEndAsterix, pScript) into tCharEnd
       delete char tCharBegin to tCharEnd of pScript
    end repeat

change that to

    repeat
       put offset(tBeginAsterix, pScript) into tCharBegin
       if tCharBegin is 0 then exit repeat
       put offset(tEndAsterix, pScript) into tCharEnd
       if tCharEnd is 0 then
          exit repeat -- stay out of trouble
       end if

--