OMG text processing performance 6.7 - 9.5

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jan 31 10:47:05 EST 2020

Not so fast. On a standalone workstation Windows 7 64bit 16gig memory and an SSD: 64 ticks. Compared with 14 ticks on my Mac OS X. My Parallels VM is outperforming a workstation. Oh, and the Windows workstation? It's the workstation running the mySQL instance!!!

That's exactly my point. It is decidedly NOT like-with-like, but it has nothing to do with virtualization. The Windows LC is running very much slower than the Mac OS, and I'm not blaming LC. It may be Windows itself. I disabled my Antivirus. Got it down to 57 ticks.

Bob S