...and Livecode... where are we now?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Oct 3 11:42:47 EDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 4:56 AM Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <

> I'm reading between the
> lines but Trevor probably knows how well it's doing - but the rest of use
> are being treated like mushrooms.

Hi Lagi,

I do not have any additional information about how well the FM project or
the company is doing. The last update I received was what others heard at
the LiveCode Conference. My thoughts are based on what I think I would do
if I was in their place.

While I make my business decisions based on what LiveCode can do now (a
wise senior engineer once counseled me not to base my business on what
other companies *might* do), I am very interested in the company's health
as the LiveCode platform affects my ability to deliver great software using
LiveCode in the future. LiveCode is a very ambitious project. The number of
platforms they are trying to support requires an enormous amount of
planning, programming, and other resources to create, maintain, and
improve. I am heavily invested in LiveCode as a platform so I want very
much for the company to have healthy revenue streams.

Based on what I've heard, the LiveCode FM product addresses a very
important problem that companies are willing to pay recurring licensing
fees to overcome. It is a wonderful thing when a company can find a large
pool of customers that have a problem they are willing pay to them you to
solve. So while I'm less enthusiastic about development on LiveCode slowing
down right now, I support the company pursuing this opportunity.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps