Cross-platform media formats...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Mar 15 18:31:48 EDT 2019

I have compiled a list of formats supported by Apple Video Foundation
(AVF) and Microsoft DirectShow (and Quicktime for both OSX and Windows
for good measure), but I'd like to confirm this by asking if anyone one
else (hello mothership?) has a list they are willing to share.

It gets complicated with different audio and video codec in the same
general format (i.e. MPEG4), which is sad because MPEG was supposed to
be a "Standard" and with everybody doing their own codecs, it really isn't