[off] Do me a solid

John McKenzie davros at bellaliant.net
Sat Sep 29 18:37:36 EDT 2018

 Mike, thanks for the link to the Berners-Lee article. Could somebody
please explain to me what he is doing as described by the article
though?

 It says he is taking something decentralized like the world wide web
and is making it decentralized. I can do that. There I just did it.
Anyone can host a web server now. They talk about data and storage
control and we have all those things now. People choose to use Faceook,
not Diaspora, etc, they choose to use Google Drive not a local hard
drive, etc. We already have the technology and finished applications to
do everything mentioned in the article.

 I do not meant to sound critical or mean I just honestly do not
understand the point of the article and would like to know. Or am I just
overthinking it and the only point is Berners-Lee has a better way to
program these things?