Standalone build workaround

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 19 20:52:40 EDT 2018

That's what happened to the person I'm helping. He's not a sophisticated
coder and needed someone else to write a basic openstack handler a few
years ago. He's been tinkering with the stack now and then and building new
apps occasionally as it changed. He called me, very distressed, and was
ready to throw out LC entirely. He'd been trying for a week to build the
app and was getting infinite repeated error dialogs that couldn't be
dismissed. The error dialog was empty so there was no clue what was wrong
and clicking the Script button did nothing.

He had contacted support but couldn't afford the rate they wanted to debug
the problem. He had no idea why the build suddenly failed all of a sudden.
He's a paying Indie customer and LC would have lost him.

So yeah, there's repercussions. I do understand the choice the team had to
make, but most of us were used to the old way and had already accommodated.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On September 19, 2018 6:22:05 PM Graham Samuel via use-livecode