startUp messaging hierarchy

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Sep 2 16:12:15 EDT 2018

Hi

Your post made me curious.  I am sure I had seen this discussed in the
forums with someone providing a good explanation but can't find it now
either.

I did find this.

http://fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html

That shows the extended message path with Behaviors & Libraries. I don't
think that changes the messages that are sent at startUp. However if you had
a /startUsing/ command  for a library stack during startup that stack would
get a /libraryStack/ message.  I am pretty sure that behaviours don't  send
any messages when the object they were the behaviour like a card or stack
for was opened. I have no idea what widgets would do.

Hopefully someone will respond.

A good explanation of this would be a good thing to put in the documentation
somewhere.

Martin

FlexibleLearning.com via use-livecode wrote