Quit an Android

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 25 20:28:06 EST 2018

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > I have two requests that there be way to quit the app.

Few apps have that.  Why do those users want this?

 > I may not have got that right… or maybe there are nuances about the
 > way Android works.  Can you remind to Best Practice?

Mobile OSes present a very different flow than desktop. This post
describes that well, along with some other fine points about explicit quit:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2033914/is-quitting-an-application-frowned-upon/2034238#2034238

FWIW at one time I believe I'd seen a discussion about this in the
Android Design Guidelines, but the latest version has a messy taxonomy
and if there's anything related to quitting I can't find it there.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems