libUrl tsNet and socketTimeoutInterval

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Nov 22 15:27:38 EST 2017

libURL now using tsNet is a great addition to v8 but it seems to have broken my code without warning unless I missed this warning in the release notes. I seems that when tsNet was included in v8 the property socketTimeoutInterval does nothing when doing ==> put url("https://"&pURL&":"&pPort) into tWebData <==. This explains a few reported app hangs. In the IDE tried ==> dispatch "revUnloadLibrary" to stack "tsNetLibURL" <== but socketTimeoutInterval still does nothing. Ran the stack in 7.1.4 and socketTimeoutInterval works as expected. It's my understanding that when tsNet is unloaded libUrl falls back to using sockets and the socketTimeoutInterval property should be respected.

I'm using 8.1.7

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services