Tooltips in the Datagrid

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Nov 10 18:18:09 EST 2017

> Hi all.
>
> A while back I had a go at setting the tooltip when pointing at a datagrid element, but ran into some difficulties when scrolling. With Trevor Devore's assistance, I came up with a reliable way to do this. Enjoy.

Hmm... that looks like a lot of work.
Here's what I do:

When you're passing the data array to FillInData, have one of the
elements be the desired tooltip. Pick that out of the array, and set the
tooltip of the datagrid element to the data. In PowerTools this looks
like (in the row behavior script)

command FillInData pDataArray
    local tWidgetName, tDisplayName
    lock screen
    repeat with tWidgetNum=1 to ColumnCount()
      if pDataArray["Tooltip" & tWidgetNum] is not empty then
         set the tooltip of image tWidgetNum of me to pDataArray
["Tooltip" & tWidgetNum]

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com