The coming of SVG

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 08:31:44 EST 2017

Mark one of the most important applications of SVG / canvas object
implementation is the ability to create rich interactive graphics - not
simply imagery. It is realy hard with any technology other than SVG /
Canvas to attach events or hypertext links to a complex area of an image.
Using SVG's you can easily add links to create image-maps that scale
beautifully allowing you to create complex control panels and the like.

Would it be possible to add simple events to areas of the Canvas object -
even if this is by adding href links that can be set only using the text
property of the object?

On 9 November 2017 at 16:08, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <