iPhone X or "Apple is just the most annoying company of all time"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 3 14:53:10 EDT 2017

On 11/3/17 6:53 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> One interesting thing has come up with Android’s new immersive mode, for it to work you have to do the counterintuitive NOT hide the status bar. Apple also recommend not hiding the status bar on iPhone X.

I'm not sure if it's new or just that Google officially supports it now.
Samsung has implemented system-wide immersive mode on all their devices
for years. It's confusing for newcomers. I had to explain what happened
to more than one novice Android user when they got lost on a screen with
no navigation controls.

You're right the requirement isn't intuitive. That's pretty odd.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com