The coming of SVG

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Nov 3 14:41:31 EDT 2017

On 2017-11-03 19:33, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
> I like “vectorImage” too!
>
> “Picture" has been used for images for a long time,
> and we don’t want to add more confusion for users.

Where do you think the confusion would come from?

As I said one of the goals of this control would eventually be to
replace the image object - so at some point (all being well) you will be
able to do:

   set the filename of <insertcontrolname> "foo" to "foo.png"
   set the filename of <insertcontrolname> "foo" to "foo.gif"
   set the filename of <insertcontrolname> "foo" to "foo.jpg"
   set the filename of <insertcontrolname> "foo" to "foo.png"

Or

   set the content of <insertcontrolname> "foo" to tPngData

At this point, describing the control as a 'vectorImage' might also seem
confusing.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps