HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

Dan Brown danoldboy at gmail.com
Wed May 31 03:01:30 EDT 2017

I'll also add that for all the wonderful possibilities that LCB brings
there is a very real danger that countless hours will be spent using it to
re-invent the wheel.

Take for instance the displaying of svg's. This is a solved problem in the
browser and has been for a long time but in native livecode it's still in
the infant stages of implementation (to put it mildly). The best solutions
for user interface "widgets" are arguably being created in the form of
javascript libraries. To me it makes total sense to integrate with that
ecosystem and free up LCB / livecode developer hours for solving other
problems

Hopefully soon I'll see this in my inbox

"Livecode brings the power of javascript to native mobile and desktop
apps"....