Very naive URL question

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat May 27 10:30:54 EDT 2017

You can embed a username and password in the request, I believe the form is
ftp://*username*:*password*@hostname/.. this can be dangerous though, so
i'm not sure you should necessarily do that.  If you can set up a read only
ftp account, that might be ok.

In this case though, you're placing a file on a web server so it would make
more sense (and be safer) to just hit the web server itself
get URL "http://www.mydomain.com/mytext.txt"  As long as the file is in the
actual http served hierarchy, it should work fine.  IF you are putting the
file outside of this hierarchy, then yes ftp must be used.  (I have a site
and have placed an sqlite database outside the public_html folder just to
keep it from being directly accessible0

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <