English Like?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:12:28 EDT 2017

If the "box" is just a rectangle then it is probably some sort of
modeless window,

if the "box" is 'talking' to me then it's an ask/answer thing (which
have always struck me as
labelled the wrong way round).

Personally I tend to go for "thingy", this is so polysemantic there is
absolutely no need to worry about
whether it is being ambiguous or not; because it is.

The "unfortunate" 'fact' is that current computers do not function like
people and
the other way round, and despite all the razzmatazz about fuzzy logic .
. . .

While there may be computers that can fool people into thinking they are
humans over a phoneline,
the "real" sex dolls the BBC have been burbling on about recently [
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39859939 ]
is unlikely to fool anyone: although, come to think of things,
propositioning people tends to be fairly unambiguous.

Richmond.