SVG widget?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon May 15 07:10:50 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-14 00:58, hh via use-livecode wrote:
>> Scott R. wrote:
>> Maybe it’s more accurate to say "one single path definition"
>> because you aren't limited to a single vector path. You can
>> create compound graphics from multiple paths as is done in
>> many icons and graphics.
>> For example:
>> go url "http://tactilemedia.com/download/svg_sample.livecode"
>
> Yes. If you define path by "connected points" (I haven't seen
> that in any specification).

SVG paths are an extension of PostScript paths - these are a sequence
of disjoint subpaths. You can have as many such subpaths as you like.

However, they are always rendered as 'one thing' which is where the
fillRule (evenodd or nonzero) and direction of the subpaths comes into
play to decide which parts are filled and which parts are not.

A good illustrated example is given here:

   http://commons.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/SVG_Essentials/Paths

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps