Unable to set breakpoint

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:33:40 EDT 2017


Thanks for chiming in, Ralph.

And I was just trying to remember where I had seen this "small blank stack
at the top left" being mentioned!

Best,
Panos
--



On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> "LC now freezes with the logo window displayed and a small blank stack at
> the top left of the monitor" I reported this behavior in bug 19344 on
> Windows if you delete all your prefs. I found that if you stop the process
> and re-launch, LC will open. This happens every time I delete/rename all
> the
> pref files. Also after you delete/rename the v8 prefs if you still have
> v6/v7 prefs they are brought forward to v8. You can't save the location of
> the master IDE bar in v8. I found that if I set it in v6 and delete the v8
> prefs the that position if brought forward to v8.
>
> Back to bug 19344... Panos thinks that it might be one of my plugins(I have
> many). I need to follow up on the QC report and see if it's one of my
> plugins. I've just been busy... I will try to get to it this week.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On
> Behalf
> Of J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 5:03 PM
> To: How to use LiveCode
> Cc: J. Landman Gay
> Subject: Re: Unable to set breakpoint
>
> Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I tried. LC now freezes with the logo
> window displayed and a small blank stack at the top left of the monitor
> (looks like a livecodescript trying to open.) So, can't launch now.
>
>
> On 5/8/17 3:55 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> > Have you tried deleting your Prefs?
> >
> > On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:49 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Suddenly I have lost the ability to set breakpoints. Red-dot
> >> breakpoints are dimmed as though the script has not been compiled (it
> >> has, several
> >> times.) Hard-coded "breakpoint" commands to not trigger either. I am
> >> not able to debug.
> >>
> >> Things were going along well until I allowed remote debugging. That
> >> worked for a while, then I got several crashes in a row, and now I
> >> can't set breakpoints.
> >>
> >> I have retarted LC several times, reloaded the stack, etc. LC 9 dp 6.
> >>
> >> I need a quick solution. Real quick.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> >> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> use-livecode mailing list
> >> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> >> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> >> subscription preferences:
> >> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> >
>
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list