Android & LC advice

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 30 09:49:42 EDT 2017

David V Glasgow wrote:

 > If you could specify a single device for end users, which would you
 > choose?  Would the need to use 3 / 4G change the recommendation?

What will the user be expected to do with it?

 > Because of the cost issue, I am assuming that Android will be the
 > most appropriate platform.

If cost were the only issue, Android would no doubt be the better choice
by virtue of its vastly more diverse hardware ecosystem.

But again, it boils down to what the user is expected to do with it.
For infrequent lightweight tasks it probably doesn't matter much, but if
the user will be using the device a lot it may matter whether they
already have deep experience with iOS or Android.  The two OSes are
different enough that I see users of each stumble and become frustrated
when they try to use the other.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems