Android & LC advice

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 04:49:16 EDT 2017

Morning, folks.

I have had very preliminary discussions with a team who want to roll out a series of apps onto a fairly small number of phablet-esque devices which will be given out to clients to use.

Because of the cost issue, I am assuming that Android will be the most appropriate platform.

Aside from embedded stuff, I have never used Android.  I don’t know anything about the market, and I have never built a standalone to run on the platform.  There will no doubt be bumps and wrinkles down the line, but at this stage I need to consider the device options.

Do folks know if there are specific Android devices that play nicely or badly with LC?  If not, can I just proceed on the basis of keeping costs low?

If you could specify a single device for end users, which would you choose?  Would the need to use 3 / 4G change the recommendation?

Best wishes,

David Glasgow.