What's everyone working on this month? (September 2016)

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri Sep 2 07:04:02 EDT 2016

What a great list, we should do this every month :)

I’m also doing too much:

1. Developing the ‘DiADeM’ dementia diagnosis app as featured at the recent LC conference - we’ll be going for pilot testing in Yorkshire and Buckinghamshire on 3rd October so I still have a lot to finish off.

2. Tweaking a pretty cool RFID card reading system created by another LiveCode developer - (RFID hardware using BLE to connect to iPods which connect to a server). Last month I was working on the BLE and this month looks like my focus will be sockets…

3. Putting on a LiveCode workshop here in Plymouth, UK where the topic will be creating an iOS/Android app that allows participants to take photos of their friends, deface them and then send them the ‘enhanced’ photos http://www.meetup.com/The-THINQTANQ-Events-Meetups-and-More-in-Plymouth/events/226749341/ <http://www.meetup.com/The-THINQTANQ-Events-Meetups-and-More-in-Plymouth/events/226749341/>

4. Updating a simple video app for iOS and Android for a local group. I really like the people involved and the cause they are working for, have just helped them set up a Google Play account and am trying to train them enough to make their own apps as time goes by.

5. Looking for a developer who can take on a health-related project I don’t have time for. If you are interested please get in touch. This project could be a great ‘in’ to health-related work - it will involve developing for iOS and Android, working with video recording and uploading to a server. Initially it may well be that you would have to construct your own web service to receive and store video recordings and to manage some sharing between users - but this may not be necessary and instead you would have to learn how to connect to OpenEHR from the off (I can help with this). There is a UK based pilot due to start in February 2017 with a lot of work to be done - not even a spec document has been created so this project could very much be ‘your baby’. The client is based in the London area. Get in touch if you’re interested

6. Going to the next NHS Hackday 1 & 2 October in Newcastle http://nhshackday.com/ <http://nhshackday.com/> - it would be smashing to see some other LiveCoder’s there! (Peter Reid I’m looking at you...)