Set the fillGradient ....

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Sep 1 12:12:09 EDT 2016

On 9/1/2016 12:00 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> I don't believe we have any functions or other language elements that
> use object-local coordinates, but if we did what should those look like?

The other main area where object-local coordinates come up frequently is
with groups. It would be a real asset (IMHO) to be able to refer to the
position of object in a group relative to the topLeft of the group being
0,0. Of course, scripts/behaviors and getprop/setprop handlers can help
with this, but as with many thing, having it a true part of LiveCode -
as delivered - is often better than an add-on home grown solution.