What's everyone working on this month? (September 2016)

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Sep 1 10:41:58 EDT 2016

On 9/1/2016 4:48 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> What exciting LiveCode project(s) are you working on at the moment?
> Where can we find out more about them?  Have you run into any
> interesting problems (or solutions) that you'd like to share?

I am working on trying to create code to print a Data Grid pixel
perfectly onto pages however many pages across and down is needed to
faithfully print the contents of the Data Grid. The goal is to not have
columns or rows "split" across pages, so it is more complex that just
mapping the formattedHeight and formattedWidth to the print area of each
page. You have to determine the scroll points (pageWidths and
pageHeights) based on how many variable width columns and rows fit to
each page and handle columns of rows that may be larger than the print
area of a page.

I have rows dead on (perhaps still off by a 'borderWidth' somewhere),
but something is wrong with columns (either in my code or a Data Grid
bug) that I am still working on.

I anyone has already coded this, I'd be interested in seeing that code.
Happy to share mine once it is done.