[ANN] Release 9.0 DP 1

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:31:49 EDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:

> You could use XPDF to either:
>
> - extract PDF text and print from LC fields
> - extract page images and print those

I've been using xpdf and similar for decades for various purposes.

But what I need to be able to do is take the "official" pdf, put it on the
screen, place fields & buttons on it to fill it out, work magic with those,
and then send *that* as an output--in a way that there is no detectable
variance between the original pdf and what Iput out, other than the extra
information.

The closest way that I've conceived so far that livecode could possibly do
something close is to turn individual pdf pages pages into png or jpg,
stick that in the background, hide it for export, and then use a script to,
page by page, merge my output with the original pdf, and then assemble
those.

There are lots of things thatch go wrong in those last two pages of
manipulations, as well as getting the alignment right being a nightmare.
 (if pdfs were as standardized as we like to believe, the alignment would
be trivial--but they're not).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462