Problems with Xcode

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Sun May 22 08:11:07 EDT 2016

Hi Martin,

Try this in the terminal:

1. Type:
sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

2. Press enter. You will be asked for your password. Type your password and
press enter.

3. Type xcode-select -p

4. Press Enter. This should output:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

The command in (1) tells the system where to look for the command line tools
The command in (3) returns the path to the command lines tools.

5. In LiveCode, go to Preferences-> Mobile Support and remove any existing
entries. Now add the path to your Xcode.app

Hopefully this will work.

Best,
Panos
--

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM, martin meili <bmmeili at swissonline.ch>
wrote:

> Hi Marc
> Yes, I have removed this space.
> No effect on the result.
>
> The correct path should be: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer.
> The „Xcode 2.app“ doesn’t exist anymore on my computer; it was about
> version 4.2.
> LiveCode is leading me to the anymore-existent Xcode version; the question
> is how I can force Terminal to change the wrong path to the correct one.
> Then also LC would do it ………
>
> I’ve contacted Apple about the issue via my account.
> If I get the solution to my problem from Apple, I will let know the list.
>
> Many thanks for your help and advice.
>
> Martin

Panagiotis Merakos <panos.merakos at livecode.com>
LiveCode Software Developer