Storing and retrieving data from a SQL database

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun May 22 10:47:42 EDT 2016

On 5/20/2016 10:38 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Tabs shouldn't be a problem so I suspect something else.
>
> Have you tried using LC to select the data after updating it?  As mentioned
> in an earlier post, if you use revDataFromQuery to do the SELECT, be sure
> to use something other than tab/return for the column/row delimiters.

There was a bug in my code (typo in a variable name). Query parameters
do handle tabs just fine.

Thank you for walking me through the move to using parametrized queries.
I've been doing SQL in Livecode for ... many years .. but never tried
query parameters before.

> I'm wondering if whatever program you used to "directly check" the data has
> a problem with the tabs (fingers crossed it wasn't SQLiteAdmin!).

I am using SQLiteAdmin 1.3.6 (and generally love the tool!). I did just
notice, when using it to help debug this issue, that I could not paste
text from the clip board into a field when entering a new record.