Storing and retrieving data from a SQL database

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:08:09 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>
wrote:

> That's what I do when I have an indeterminate number of keys, or if I am
> writing generic code that handles data from dissimilar tables in a similar
> way.

The more I think of it, it would become a nightmare to build the array.

I'm indeed building from dissimilar pieces.  My raw code might have the
general SELECT statement, using a global variable for the table name , then
adding a WHERE which pulls filenames and conditions from a custom property
of the group to be rendered.

Similarly, the ALTER will draw from those same custom properties, and add
some calculated values.

I'd pretty much have to parse my SQL statements with livecode, and have
some interesting and repeated code or functions and variables to reset the
variable index, as well as a reverse index from variable name to numeric
key of the index to be passed.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462