Field Text Bugs

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri May 13 15:45:12 EDT 2016

I just submitted 3 bug reports for LC 8.0.0 having to do with field text:

Bug 17639 - Cursor in fields renders in wrong position in fields with fixedLineHeight false
Bug 17640 - Cursor in fields blinks too slowly
Bug 17641 - Field text is difficult to format for pasted-in text

It took me awhile to figure out how to set the textFont of a field using the IDE—it apparently has to be done via the Text menu. I can’t seem to be able to type a font name into the Inspector directly as in earlier versions of LC. And the Inspector doesn’t always display the font name after it is set. Earlier-created (LC 6.1.3) stacks opened in LC 8 do show the font name.

I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature…

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA