Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu May 12 18:57:16 EDT 2016

On May 12, 2016, at 15:00 , Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> But when I saw recently that something we've been begging for, for
> 15 years… simple SFTP functionality from the engine..

Writing the word "simple" doesn't make it so. :)

Yes, many programs offer it.  But none of them also provide a generalized scripting language with integrated GUI controls suitable for crafting a vast range of apps across seven platforms.

If LC was only an SFTP client it might be simple.  But we also ask them to do a lot more, a thousand things no one asks of any SFTP client.

Moreover, because there are so very many capable SFTP clients, why does the world need one more?

Once upon a time a lot of people thought they wanted SFTP in LiveCode. Some still do.  But most of them would rather have the other things the team is also building, and along the way it seems many have lost sight of why they thought they wanted it in the first place.

Agreed. At some point we really need as developers to "roll our own" as it were.

Bob S