Standalones on el Capitan?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun May 1 22:29:54 EDT 2016

From 2013…

http://www.slideshare.net/techahead/html5-vs-native-app-battle-infographics

But still interesting. The “code once run anywhere” vs “Native dev”  is the underlying driving force behind HMTL5 app dev.

So if you can sell LiveCode by marketing that same line… you can target an entire segment of users who can’t, or just don’t want to, eat the JS learning curve. They either hit the wall

“too complicated for me!  Days and days to get the smallest thing done!”
OR
“I have better ways to use my brain than labor over JS and this xTalk is just too fun/productive…”

I have young people, doing silly things with online tools like “Scratch” and it would take very, very little to push them over to LiveCode… once hooked they will look at Javascript as arcane and painful.

But if iOS is off the plate. Then that pitch doesn’t work.

Yes, Monte, that is an “Apple Problem” but we live in a contingent (unless you believe Kafka and Sartre, which I don’t)  universe, so… one has to adjust…or lose the game.

BR