Script Only Stack Architecture

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 31 00:16:56 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> For script-only stack.. what are the other two methods besides adding them as stack files?

AFAIK there's nothing about loading stacks that's specific to
script-only stacks.  Stacks are stacks, binary or script-only we work
with them the same.  The difference is the storage format on disk.

Here's my post noting the other two ways (in addition to using the
stackFiles property) of loading stacks into memory:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-March/225249.html>

in brief:
1. Open them
2. Read any property from them