Design Challenge -- Round Corner mask on images

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Mar 30 13:48:00 EDT 2016

Alejandro Tejada wrote
> Just noticed that you used: export snapshot
> instead of import snapshot
> Why? Is import snapshot buggy in some
> LiveCode versions?
> Alejandro

I guess it is a habit from times when the paintcompression default was "RLE"
in the IDE and you can define the export format using export... e.g. as
"png".

And somehow I like to export to a container. I feel I have more control over
where the image goes instead of an image just landing smack in the middle of
the card. But that is just a matter of preferences.

Now the default paintcompression is "PNG" and it does not matter so much
anymore. Before you would have to change the paintCompression to get a "png"
using import.

It also used to be that using "RLE" as paintcompression sped up some image
manipulations quite a lot for setting imageData and such. As far as I am
aware the speed advantage is not as large as it used to be.

Kind regards
Bernd