line spacing coming in from text pasted from pdf or .doc

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:19:21 EDT 2016

I am having a problem when pasting text from pdf and .doc into fields.

There are some properties that I can't find documented in livecode that
survive the paste.

Particularly, I'm seeing line number attributes and line spacing separate
from textHeight survive.

>From pdf, I seem to be able to clear it by setting the text of the
selectedObject to the text of the selectedObject, but this doesn't work for
word.

I see a field with a lineHeight of 21 and textSize of 12 with about 12
points of space above the line, and 12 points below.

It's also not spaceAbove or spaceBelow; those don't clear it either.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462