Script Only Stack Architecture

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Mar 28 21:54:13 EDT 2016

Yay! my GUI designs are in from the eye candy team so we can start cooking.

I'm looking closely at script only stacks.

Mark's blog was simple enough "They are just text files."

I've installed Atom here.

 Can you check/amend my assumptions here? Of course I can test this myself, but if others are already doing this kind of architecture you may have caveats to share?

Atom:
-  Create a project pointing to a folder  with your current app assets
- place this under GIT control

-- A "main" stack with a preopenstack handler like this

on preopenstack
 start using "animationEngine" # assume binary substack imported
 Start using # any other binary helper stacks
 start using "myAppCoreFunctions.livecodescript" # script only stack
 start using "mAppPuzzleGames.livecodescript" # script only stack
# etc.
end preopenstack

-- with almost no code in the stack stack script at all.
-- in the project browser we will see the script only stacks
-- we can edit the script only stacks in the script editor set break points use the "console"  (put to msg box)
-- when we hit "apply" in the script editor the scripts are saved back out to the text files
-- OR the modified scripts of the script only stacks are in RAM until you save the main stack?
-- Buttons and top level messages go through and hit the functions/commands loaded in the script

In Atom or from command line, you then make your commits to the repository.

Seems simple enough...Anything I am missing? additions or amendments.

Meanwhile I'm going to "go for it" and see how it goes.