Delete the first entry of an array.

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sat Mar 26 03:35:47 EDT 2016

On 25/03/2016 23:00, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> How about a Feature Exchange for adding arrays ?   (i.e. not
> dictionaries, but actual arrays with numeric indices and linear access
> times)

In LiveCode, we currently call these "proper lists".

LiveCode arrays currently have O(log N) read and insertion complexity in
the general case (which is better than linear).

If we were to add proper lists, we would probably use an implementation
with O(1) read and O(N) insertion complexity in the general case.

If you need proper lists, LiveCode Builder already provides them with
the "List" type.

                                        Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>