Looking for parser for Email (MIME)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:53:36 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Roland Huettmann
> I find it VERY convenient since the actual file creation
> date is not of importance. The content of the file is important. For
> example, a Word document has a date of the Content (a letter for example,
> or a contract). Why should this not be reflected in a *persistent* date of
> the file itself?

I don't understand. The detailed files gives you:

creation date & time
last modified date & time
last accessed date & time
last back up date & time

You start writing email and send it today. It's date (forgetting time)
is the same as the creation and modification date.

You start writing a contract today and finish it tomorrow. It's date
is the same as it's last modified date.

You can read any of those files multiple times at any later date and
it doesn't change their creation or last modified dates.

In you go back into the contract and modify it at a later day, then
the amended contract should be re-dated and it should match the last
modified date.

To create a document today, and in it's content date it last week (or
next week) and then use a program to change it's electronic creation
date to match; or to go into a completed contract a some much later
date, and modify it and then use a program to electronically back date
it's modification date all seems fraudulent to me.

If there is some other date that is extremely important to the file
then surely this would be dealt with using a sensible storing and
naming convention. i.e. if you were writing someone's biography you
might  have folders for each year and name the files with a prefix
mmdd month and day format to sort them chronologically. For contracts,
after a contract is signed it's scanned so this scanned document could
be named 'ACME contract signed yyyymmdd'

All relevant dates are then easily accessible via the files creation
date, modification date and full path name.