Sample Stacks Stack in Livecode 8 - Gone ?

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sat Mar 19 05:08:22 EDT 2016

This has become a theoretical issue about crossing bridges
that we may never reach, projects of 2019-2021?

RevOnline (the stack) was a nice tool, not really updated.

Obviously and sadly it seems to be in the waiting room for the
virtual trash, replaced by a slow website, although there are
currently not thousands of files to organize but < 500.
Nobody has time to optimize that.

Life is short, we need NOW a solution.

> R.G. wrote:
> After all, a stack repository is for the community and comprised
> of files made by the community, and maintaining a set of stack
> files and a UI for accessing them is fully within the technical
> abilities of our  community.
> If it were seen as desirable for the community to take this on, I
> see at least one way it could happen safely without an expensive
> engine or format change.

So please simply choose one way and start as soon as possible.
Take the lead. I am willing to help and to contribute, also with
some time for organizing if needed.
Moreover I could mirror the site here in EU (no LC server, LC
server yes in US at on-rev), so that we have 'nearest places'
for download.

To take only the forum and the use-list: There are > 1000
stacks and scripts that could go unchanged, only attached with
indexing tags, into that collection.

I don't think this would touch the packaging of the delayed
Extension Store feature. To the contrary, we could have a
category 'previews' where extension builder people could
provide demos/"lite" versions and link to LC's Extension Store.

Hermann