RevBrowser in 8.0.0 DP 15

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Mar 18 05:33:11 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-17 23:12, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> This may be a problem. I'm loading an html file from disk. I can't get
> the widget to work with disk-based files, so I'm using
> revBrowserOpenCEF. I need to script navigation to various internal
> links in the file, like "#linkHere".

Can you file a bug with more details so we can take a look.

> To do that I append the link marker to the file path, which I obtain
> with revBrowserGet("URL"). The CEF browser works with that, revBrowser
> doesn't. I've tried several different methods, but can't find a way in
> the older revBrowser to script navigation to an internal link. How
> would I do that?

To be fair, I think Peter's suggestion of how to navigate is probably a
neater one than fiddling with the URL.

However, I think it would make sense to ensure you can just copy/paste a
URL from a normal browser into the widget's URL property and have it do
the same thing.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps